1. Black USB goes to the computer’s USB port
2. HDMI cable goes to the computer’s HDMI port
3. Red USB goes to the computer’s USB port or power adapter
4. Extension Cord can ONLY be connected to the RED USB
5. USB-C end goes to the USB-C port specific for the 3-in-1 cable on the tablet
1. If your computer is a Windows desktop computer, then you need to be aware of the differences between a discrete graphics card and an integrated graphics card, normally if your computer has both, then you need to plug the HDMI cable of the tablet into the HDMI port on the discrete graphics card. If there is no extra HDMI port on your discrete graphics card for our tablet, then you may need to use an adapter.
2. If your Mac computer doesn't have an HDMI port, then your computer either has Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3(USB-C port). If your computer has Thunderbolt 2 ports, then you need to buy an adapter(Thunderbolt 2 to HDMI port adapter) to connect the HDMI end. If your Mac has Thunderbolt 3 ports, then you can buy an adapter(USB-C to HDMI+USB-A) or "How to connect the Artist 10 2nd/ Artist 12 2nd/ Artist 13 2nd/ Artist 16 2nd using USB-C to USB-C cable?".