1. Make sure your MacOS is on Big Sur. You can do this by clicking on the Apple icon on the upper left corner of your screen and then select "About this Mac" .
2. Go to the Applications Folder and be sure to uninstall all current PenTablet drivers.
3. Reboot your Mac.
4. After restarting, please go to our XP-PEN official website and download and install the newest Mac driver for your tablet.
5. Go to your "Launch Pad" and open "PenTablet".
6. When this messages pops, click "Open" and type in your password to run "PenTablet".
7. When this messages pops, click "Open" and type in your password to run "PenTablet_Driver".
8. When this pops, please click Open System Preferences.
9. Unlock the list by clicking on the padlock icon and input your password if needed then make sure “PenTablet” is checked on Screen Recording.
10. When you get the next message, click on "Quit & Reopen".
11. When Tablet the settings re-open again, please click "Open System Preferences".
12. Unlock the Accessibility list by clicking on the padlock icon and input your password if needed then make sure "PenTablet_Driver" is checked then closed it.
13. After this please open an art program and test if the tablet and pen work as intended.